17.2.13

FLOWER CROWNS BY THE SEA

Bloggers in Leigh on Sea
This weekend has been packed full of FUN, I love it when you have only plans for one day but then the whole weekend turns out to be just perfect.
On Friday we went to the Prince of Wales pub in Clapham for a friends birthday. The pub has seriously cool decor, there's so much stuff hanging from the ceilings and on the walls I couldn't stop looking around. They have a good selection of beers and really friendly staff, definitely one to visit if you're in the area. Also, I don't think there is really any better way to end a night out then having a cheese and bean toastie in your pyjamas!
Saturday involved the Juergen Teller exhibition at the ICA, (I'm still not really sure how I feel about it...) followed by pizza (more on that later in the week) and a wander round central before spending the evening sewing in front of the TV.
Bloggers in Leigh on Sea
The main event of the weekend was that today I took part in my first blogger meet up, yikes! Myself, Katie and Hannah, Charlotte, Michelle, Natalie, Jo and Elena all went to the lovely Anna's house in Leigh on Sea and spent the afternoon making flower crowns, eating yummy food and taking plenty of pictures. Its the first time I've met up with a group of bloggers, so I was feeling a bit apprehensive, who would have thought they all turned out to be perfectly nice and normal people?!
Charlotte from Lotts and Lots patiently gave us a quick tutorial on how to attach flowers to the wire and then there was no stopping us, I had serious crown envy. Bloggers in Leigh on Sea
Bloggers in Leigh on Sea
I had a really lovely day and now I just want to wear a flower crown everyday, its the perfect accessory, wouldn't you agree? The flowers we used were absolutely beautiful and supplied by The Great British Florist (who sells only British grown flowers) and because the sun was shining it certainly felt like we were in the midst of spring...if only.
Bloggers in Leigh on Sea
I can't wait to take part in another meet up, its so nice to talk about blogging and pictures and crafts with people who actually want to talk about them too, win!

Oh and I can't resist a 'behind the scenes' pic, too funny!
Bloggers in Leigh on Sea

Hope you had a lovely weekend too!

8 comments :

  1. I had such a lovely time, thank you for coming!
    The flowers are from Wiggled's new venture http://www.greatbritishflorist.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That last photo is so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos Jo, the last one is amazing! Great to meet you yesterday too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie, was great to meet you too! Hopefully will see you soon :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love your photos. So simple, yet so fantastic. You just got yourself a reader from Norway :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lissie! That's very kind of you to say :)

      Delete
  5. This looks like such a fun day! Your photographs are so nice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Jo, what a lovely write up and group of photos! Was so lovely to meet you - hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top